Knowing when to quit something is a skill that can be learned and should be utilised claims 1st Line Global. The outsourced sales and marketing specialists have explained the things to quit doing to achieve success.
Growing up people were taught by peers and parents that perseverance and becoming solution orientated were fundamental to success, which has hampered some people’s ability to walk away from projects or situations that offer little or no advantage to progress. 1st Line Global frequently run workshops centred around developing skills to accelerate an entrepreneur’s success, and this week saw the firm highlight the importance of knowing what and when to quit.
1st Line Global reveal their top things everyone should quit doing now:
- Stop doubting yourself: Confidence is vital to success and will afford an entrepreneur to take risks when the outcome isn’t 100%. Some of the most successful role models today would not have reached their goals if they hadn’t backed their ideas and went ‘all in.’ An interesting study by Hewlett Packard considered applications for promotion using gender as a variable, and they found that women would only apply for a role if they met 100% of the criteria for a role, whereas men would only need to meet 60% to hit apply. The survey concluded this was a contributing factor for men achieving a higher percentage of senior roles.
- Quit putting things off: Gaining new skills is difficult, it is too easy in modern society to believe that it will be done tomorrow. The problem I often tomorrow never comes. 1st Line Global is certain small actions every day are crucial to success, map out a plan and get started today.
- Quit thinking you have no choice: every day we are forced to make decisions which will affect the future, take and maintain control of decisions and commit to making personal and professional development a priority.
- Quit doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result: Albert Einstein defined insanity like this. Try various methods, track what works best and don’t be afraid to think outside the box. It is important in business to remain relevant and abreast of competition, take the time to develop new strategies that accelerate success.
- Quit saying “yes.”: taking on too much responsibility can hinder a person’s ability to function at a high level consistently. Be careful not to over commit to project and risk damaging personal brands. Of course, it is great to take on extra responsibility to showcase skills, but be mindful not to overstretch time constraints and encourage failure.
Based in West Palm Beach, 1st Line Global is one of Florida’s fastest growing marketing companies. The firm creates personalized sales and marketing campaigns in order to promote and sell their clients’ services and products to a target audience. 1st Line Global believes that their success is the result of the company culture they have been promoting from day one. The firm encourages their staff and contractors to be confident in their ability, to boost motivation on a daily basis and achieve great results for their clients.